On May 27, 2022, Office of International Affairs, Division of Public Relations and International Affairs, Mahasarakham University organized Workshop FRIENDS Community Development Plans: “Noo Noi Hug Hoop Tam” supported by Erasmus+ in the project FRIENDS. Asst. Prof. Dr. Peera Phanlukthao, Assistant to the President for International Affairs and Development of Global Engagement Mahasarakham University presided over the opening speech with Mr. Krittin Phansena, director of Bankhee Srisangha Nonseaw School and students participated.
“Noo Noi” refers to a boy or a girl, “Hug” refers to love or prefer and “Hoop Tam” refers to murals in the northeastern region.
The objective of this activity is to promote cultural inclusion capacities in order to promote community diversity and internationalization. It also disseminates and supports the new generation to know and understand the meaning of murals in the northeastern region then apply knowledge from activities to earn a living, for example, transforming into products for distribution which can meet the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs), including:
– Goal 1: End poverty in all its forms everywhere
– Goal 4: Ensure inclusive and equitable quality education and promote lifelong learning opportunities for all
– Goal 5: Achieve gender equality and empower all women and girls
– Goal 8: Promote sustained, inclusive and sustainable economic growth, full and productive employment and decent work for all
– Goal 10: Reduce inequality within and among countries
– Goal 11: Make cities and human settlements inclusive, safe, resilient and sustainable
– Goal 17: Partnerships for the Goals
Translator: Kanyakorn Chukhanhom